Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 7 begins

Morning did not start well.  Loud baby at 2am and 5am threw my sleep cycle off.  Didn't help that I was also planning to get up 15 minutes earlier since my runs will be getting longer and longer over the next few months.  Still, I managed to stumble downstairs and get ready.  Monday weigh in was about 2.5 pounds lower than last week.  Still haven't gotten around to measuring neck, waist, etc and calculating body fat %. 

Checked the weather and the radar showed clouds all around me so I grabbed the rain jacket.  That rain jacket was ungodly hot by the end of my run and completely useless since the rain apparently went around me instead of over me.  I had it almost completely unzipped, which didn't really help with the heat and caused annoying flopping when I ran.  I thought the jacket was hurting my pace and slowing me down, but I maintained 6mph today so if it was, that's a really good thing for me.

Definitely had some mental/motivational issues during the run.  At first I thought it was because my iPod volume was too low so I couldn't hear the podcast over the traffic.  Getting the volume back up didn't help though so I think it might just be the lack of sleep and the extra heat from the jacket.  Definitely not a smooth run today.  But I muscled through it all at the pace I need for a 31 minute 5k.  Hopefully Wednesday will be better.  I'm contemplating switching out to use interval runner or my own podcast that day so I can put in more time cues.  I wanted at least a 5 minute warning at the end instead of the halfway and 1 minute.  Would be nice to run to my own music too.

No comments:

Post a Comment