Tuesday, September 7, 2010

End of 3 start of 4

Week 3 ended with a whimper.  Everything hurt and I never really felt like I hit a rhythm with the run.  Didn't help I was running 2.5 hours later than usual so the sun was out and blinding me.  I think the problem was that me alternate day exercise is too similar to my running day exercise.  I thought the difference in motion between cycling and running would be enough to make the muscles work differently.  Apparently I was wrong.  I've decided my off days will be more about some simple strength and core training instead of more cardio.  At most, I'll walk 10 minutes before I do sets of push ups, sit ups and light weights.

Week 4 day 1 was a whole different story.  After 3 days off to rest and recuperate, all the minor aches were gone.  Hit that first 3 minute run with a vengeance.  The 5 minute run felt great, almost effortless really.  Second 3 minute run was almost as good.  Last 5 minutes not so much.  I think the fact that Week 4 has almost twice the running of week 3 has something to do with that.  I added an extra run on my walk home anyway, mainly to remind my body just who is in charge.  Of course, now my upper back hurts so that may not have been the smartest thing I've ever done...

No comments:

Post a Comment