Monday, September 13, 2010

The curse of the scale

Had to move the scale to the basement.  I weighed myself 4 times since I bought it to watch it go down just based on time of day etc.  This morning it was because I sinned last night by eating a very large steak.  I rationalized by saying I'm taking multiple readings over time in order to get an average, but that's stupid. 

I was very quickly reminded of my ex-wife who used to weigh first thing in the morning, before and after each meal, before and after going to the bathroom, and right before bed.  She would then do some bizarre mathematical formulas to subtract for clothes, boob weight, hair weight, anything else she could subtract.

So with the scale in the basement I can return to my focus on the exercise and not on the number I'm trying to achieve, which is actually not as low as I thought so that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment