Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 6 Day 1 run recap

This one will be short because all I really remember is the run was not a good one.  My first five minute run was just short of half a mile.  No idea on the other two because I have no memory of where I was in the neighborhood to put it into gmap-pedometer.  I've discovered that runkeeper is basically useless for tracking my runs and sportypal never seems to find its satellite.

My entire run my stride was short and shuffling.  Every time I told myself to fix it, I would realize I was back in the plod instead of a jog within a minute.  The only time I maintained it was when I forced myself to speed up on the second 5 minute run.  That one wasn't as bad as the others, probably because I was finally warmed up and starting to feel okay.  I did manage to push that one out for an additional minute to the end of the podcast for the 25 minute run. 

I know part of my problem was the podcast again.  When I realized that, unlike last week, the Day 3 run is longer than the other two days, I lost some focus.  Something in my head started saying 25 minutes is too long a run.  That's the main reason I pushed that last run through the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment