Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halfway through Week 6

Much easier run than Monday.  Better diet and a few new pre-run stretches seem to have helped with the pain.  My muscles were fairly loose by the end of the warm up and my shins didn't hurt when I started running, which they have been for a week or so.  Since the run was basically painless from the get go, that made the whole thing a lot better.  I spent some time thinking about my stride, but after about 2 minutes, my mind started to wander aimlessly.  Next thing I knew, the voice was telling me to walk.  Pretty much the same thing happened on the second 10 minute run.  Hopefully it will be that way on Friday when I do the 25 minute run.  It was so much easier to run when my brain was thinking about everything but running.

Since my run today was two 10 minute intervals, I decided that my goal was to do two sub 10 minute miles.  Based on gmap-pedometer, I managed to accomplish that goal.  Granted, I barely squeaked in under 10 for both of them, but I did it.  I wondered if I should have mapped out checkpoints for the run so I'd know if I was maintaining pace,it's probably best that I didn't.  I don't run with a watch anyway so not like I could have checked the time to see if I was maintaining the pace.  I'm not that worried about speed yet anyway, it was just a milestone for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment