Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Week 9 Day 1 / One Hour Runner

Yesterday was the combo beginning of my last week of Cto5k and first week of OHR.  Early on in the run, I felt like I was really going fast.  I can't remember if I slowed down a little to save my legs or not.  When I hit what had been the halfway point of the Week 8 runs, I still hadn't heard the halfway voice so I assumed I was flying.  Since most of my week 8 runs ended up being 30 minutes anyway, I forgot that the halfway announcement for week 8 was at 13.5 minutes not 15.  When the halfway announcement finally did pop up, I was about 1.5 miles into the run.  It's hard to be exact since none of the GPS apps for my iPod seem to work right and gmap-pedometer is manual and it's hard to be exact.  Regardless, I didn't slow down at halfway even though I thought I was hauling butt.  When the 30 minute announcement came in, I chose to stop running.  It was right at 3 miles, give or take. 

Beginning of the run, the back of my thigh was stiff.  Still no idea why because I've never had muscle stiffness in my thighs, just my calves.  Normally the stiffness in anything goes away within 1/4 mile so I didn't think about it.  It stuck around until the mile mark for some reason.  No problems with it after that, but it did make me wonder if the run schedule was the problem.  I had to tell myself 3 runs in 5 days is normal for me and it's tomorrow's run that will be the real test of the new schedule.  That will be 4 runs in 8 days.

In the "tale of the tape" my weight didn't go down this week even though I kept my calories under the goal amount almost every day.  There were some high fat and high sodium meals in there though so that could be all it was.  More importantly, I tightened my belt another notch today without realizing it.  Hopefully when I get on the scale next week, my weight will have gone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment