Thursday, October 14, 2010

One day left

Slacked and didn't post about yesterday's run.  I assume it's because the run hurt.  Unfortunately I don't know if it's because I skipped the pre-run pain meds or if it's the schedule change.  Could be a combination of the two.  I'll take the meds again tomorrow and see what happens.  If I don't hurt, I'll have my answer.  Of course, masking the pain with Tylenol probably isn't the best solution.

Run for Day 2 was a little slower than Day 1 because of the leg pain.  I was just short of 2 miles at the 20 minute mark.  I have no idea what my total time was because I didn't hear the Interval Run voice tell me it was time to stop.  I ran to the point I know is 3.1x miles and stopped.  Never really hit a runner's high.  My leg did stop hurting for a bit so I was able to space out some.  Woke up today and my leg was killing me.  Not sure if it's run related or not.  Decided to take the morning off because of it, especially since I'm doing some semi-strenuous exercise tonight. 

I'm glad I chose to overlap the two programs.  Even though I planned to start the OHR anyway, I kind of get the feeling I would have convinced myself to take some additional time off between the two which then would have snowballed into me starting over.  Even with my goal of JAG, I think scheduling a 5k a month until I'm up to a 10k is probably going to be useful in keeping me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment