Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day X of whatever this new plan is

Today I discovered that Interval runner lets me create my own work outs.  This is perfect if I decide to follow my own plan instead of OHR.  Only problem is that I don't see a way to set up notifications every 10 minutes so I only get the halfway notification right now.  I suppose I could just make it separate 10 minute runs.

Today's run was good.  I added some 200 yard "sprints" at the 3/4 mile marks just to make myself go a little faster.  Did over 3 miles in 30 minutes.  My body definitely knows how much running I'm scheduled to do on a particular day, because as soon as that voice said 30 minutes, my legs switched to walk mode.  My breathing was easy, and I didn't feel drained so I'm pretty sure a longer run won't be a problem.

My biggest fear right now is stagnating.  I have to push myself to break that nice easy jog pace I normally have.  The 30 minute morning run has become easy.  While a 3 mile run 3 or 4 days a week would be great, I'm worried that if it becomes too routing, it will be easier to stop running because it's not something fun or challenging anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment