Friday, October 1, 2010

End of 7

Not a good run today.  I wore my cold weather gear and didn't need it, so I felt overheated at one point.  I didn't stretch well before the run, which ended up being more mental than physical.  I was thinking about injuries and my history of back pain from running.  When I realized my back wasn't going to hurt, I was less worried.

At some point, I got a cramp on my right side.  I haven't had a cramp since week 2 or 3, so I was a little surprised.  It was around mile 1 and my brain started telling me to bail out and run tomorrow instead.  I know not to listen to my brain when it comes to exercise, so I pushed through.  I think the cramp went away about a half mile later.  I really don't remember at this point.

Distance was about .2 miles shorter than Wednesday.  I am a little disappointed in my speed today, but I take some solace in the fact that I still ran the full 25 minutes, even if it was slow.  I need to do something to work on my stride and rhythm.  I think that's what was killing me today.  I felt like I was shuffling instead of jogging.  Half the time I was wondering if my feet actually left the ground.  And, as usual, my attempts to make myself stretch my stride out a bit and run would fade as soon as I stopped focusing on it.

Monday I'm going to try interval runner instead of the Ullrey podcasts.  I think having my own music playing instead of the techno will make a huge difference.  I expect to catch myself running down the road singing along, and I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment