Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week two begins

Yes I know I started with the end of week 1.  Give me a break, I just decided to start tracking this an hour or so ago.

To being week two, I bought new shoes.  I hope they help with the back pain I get when I run.  Was going to get fitted, but the place was closed on Sunday so I just ran to the local Sports Authority because they seem to have the best overall selection of running shoes.  Finding something that worked took at least 15 tries.  Actually, it took 2, but I wasn't shelling out $150 for shoes today.  Maybe after Week 9 I will splurge on the good shoes to get me up to my 5 mile goal. 

Week 2 will include the introduction of a slow morning bike ride on the trainer Tuesday and Thursday.  Even though I'll only be doing 45 minutes, I think it will help with the recovery aspect of running and it can't hurt to add a little more activity.  Just wish the bike computer worked with the trainer.  I'm also hoping to add in a long Saturday or Sunday bike ride, but I'm not going to kill myself to do it this week.  Road riding near where I live always seems a bit too daredevil.  People don't seem to like cyclists riding on the street up here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment