Sunday, August 22, 2010

End of week one

I've never been a runner for exercise purposes.  I always ran as part of a sport.  Running for exercise always seemed boring to me.  Any time I tried to run, walk or anything, I was lucky to make it two days.  Cycling was a different story, that was always fun, but the roads near me aren't really great for cycling.  Much easier to just walk out the front door and run.  Now I just have to do it.

I have multiple goals for this one.  I hope they will keep me motivated.  Short term I want to run a 5k.  Long term I want to be in shape to play with my son and be able to keep up with him as he gets older.  Other long term I need to get my weight down to join the JAG Corps, which is something I want for my future. 

Day 1 about killed me.  I was surprised I finished the last run interval.  Thighs hurt, back hurt, drenched in sweat.  All in all felt pretty good.

Day 2 was easier to finish all the the intervals.  Changed the route a little to get away from two hills.  Not really nasty ones, but not something I needed in week 1.

Day 3 actually finished the route before the podcast ended so I had to backtrack.  Still had the back pain, in fact it seemed worse today, though that could have been the fact that I was going faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment