Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two days two workouts

So far I have managed to stay motivated for the first two days of the week.  Yesterday was the first run in new shoes.  After about half a mile I realized that the shoes that felt almost too tight when I put them on had loosened significantly with movement, to the point that my sock ran down into my shoe.  Being a super genius, I kept going instead of fixing it.  Pretty sure loose shoe caused the thigh pain.  Could really tell a difference between the new shoes and the old ones.  A lot more cushion in the new ones.  I felt them squish as I ran which I think is probably a good thing.  Distributes the force more so it's less jarring, right?  Rocked out just over 2 miles of walk/jog.

Today was the trainer.  And by that I mean bike trainer not some professional guy hired to motivate me.  I hate riding the bike trainer.  One, there's no sense of accomplishment because you didn't go anywhere.  Two, you can't get a virtual representation of going anywhere because bike computers work with the front wheel not the rear wheel.  I've been told putting a bike computer on the rear wheel doesn't work.  Three, it's hard to judge just how much effort I'm putting into it with no readouts so what now feels like some real exercise might not be.  I  no longer have the speed to pedal rhythm associations I once had.  Finally, the cat lives in the basement thus it smells like cat down there.  This is not high on my list of things to smell when riding my bike. 

Back to running tomorrow.  I'm tempted to do some extra instead of sticking to the program, but I'm afraid I'll burn myself out at the same time and that could lead to skipping days.

No comments:

Post a Comment