Friday, August 27, 2010

End of week 2

The latter half of the week went very well despite the beginnings of a cold.  Wednesday's week 2 day 2 was a different route than usual.  Ended up running on concrete instead of asphalt.  Not sure if that was the reason my legs hurt more or if it was the fact that the new route has a steady incline for half of the first mile of the run.  Either way, my shins were not happy with me, though the rest of me was fine.  Not nearly as much back pain as when I run my route with steeper inclines. 

Thursday my throat felt worse and my knees told me not to get out of bed.  Since it wasn't a running day, I let them win this time.  I figure I can make it up with a real bike ride on Saturday or Sunday instead of riding the crappy trainer in the stinky basement.  Plus real riding will help me build up the butt callouses. 

Friday I felt worse than Thursday but it's a run day so I'm not going to give in to the temptation to slack.  Got up, dosed my self with cold meds, pain meds and vitamins, drank my water and hit the road.  Extended the first interval by about 30 seconds into the recovery time.  Just wanted to see what would happen.  Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be so that gives me some hope for Week 3's 3 minute runs.  Total distance today was actually shorter than the rest of the week.  I attribute that to the extra 30 seconds of running and an overall faster pace.  By the time I got to the cool down walk, I was closer to home than usual so when I doubled back down the street, I didn't finish the cool down before I got back to the house.

Generally speaking, after two weeks of consistent exercise, I feel like I'm making some headway on the exercise part of my life.  I've been tracking calories online to at least get an idea of what I'm eating.  According to the fitness coach and the website, 2000 calories a day will allow me to lose a pound a week.  Most of the week, I've been well under that.  Plus I burned about  1000 calories in exercise.  I should probably go out and buy a scale, but those things are evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment