Thursday, November 18, 2010

Short run today

Today was the last run before the Saturday 5k so I decided not to run the hill.  I planned to do 3.1 miles, but either the cold weather or the fact that I was sweating under my base layer made me cut it short.  Could also have been that I started 15 minutes later than I like to.  Regardless, I cut the run to 2.5 miles.

It was a fast 2.5 too, probably because I dropped out the hill.  I was at 1.2 after 10 minutes and finished the whole thing in 22:02.  I thought I was closer to 2.3 when I finished so I was really surprised.  At that speed, I'll have 30 seconds of buffer time for the Army Physical Fitness test.  More interesting is that it will be a 27:35 5k this weekend, which is about 2.5 minutes faster than the one on Oct 9, which is a huge improvement since my goal was to shave 10 seconds off my mile times by end of November not 50. 

I really hope today wasn't an anomaly, some freak occurrence that everything was just right and I'll be lucky to get even close to that time again, mainly because the run felt really good as opposed to trudging through the miles because I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment