Friday, November 5, 2010

I've been slack

Only ran 1.6 miles yesterday because it started to rain on me.  Of course, I ran it in 14 minutes flat so that's pretty awesome.  I was a bit worried right at the beginning of the run because I thought I felt something pull right when I started.  That was not at all comfortable so I briefly contemplated stopping the run and walking to stretch it out.  It loosened back up after another minute of jogging so I didn't worry about it.  When I got to the main road, the rain started in earnest.  I honestly think it changed directions to come rain on me because there was nothing on radar when I looked before I left the house. 

I'm not sure if the rain sped me up, the fact that I switched my time reminders to 5 minutes instead of 10, or something else, but I'm pretty happy with that speed.  Hopefully I'll be able to get it down from 8:48 to 8:30 and then maintain it for a full 10k. 

Today my wife says I turned off my alarm, but I think I forgot to set it.  So I'll have to get up earlier than planned tomorrow to get a run in before all the other stuff I have to do.  My goal is 3.5 miles in 30 minutes.  That's almost right in the middle of yesterday's pace and an 8:30 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment