Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oops

Ran .33 miles less than I should have.  I should have known based on my time that I wasn't at 3 miles, but for some reason my brain said that when I was mapping out routes, the one I was about to finish was 3.0x miles.  Instead I did 2.67 miles in 25.5 minutes, not a bad time overall.  I'll take that pace when I'm running my next 5k.

I ran the hill loop again today and felt like I was going faster than Tuesday, but I hit the 10 minute point at the exact same spot so either I have no concept of speed or I slowed down at some point without realizing it.  I kind of assume I slowed down when the ginormous wrecker started coming down the street and wasn't paying attention whatsoever as he weaved through the neighborhood.  Or when I ran by the guy who looked at me like I was crazy for running in shorts and a t-shirt when he had on 18 layers of clothes.

First 10 minutes was 1.02 miles.  That means I ran 1.65 miles in 15 minutes or so, which is closer to the speed I need for the Army.  Didn't feel like I was putting much effort into that part of the run.  I'm sure I could have done the hill loop again, but I have a plan and I'm sticking to it. 

Tomorrow or Saturday I'm doing the 2 mile "sprint" for military time.  For the test, you run on a flat track, or so I hear, so my slightly hilly route might not be ideal, but I don't feel like driving to the closest track.

1 comment:

  1. I hate when I do that, I mapped out a new walking route the other week thinking it was a full 5k. Then the other night I drove that distance to see if it was really that far because my times seemed to be improving but I wasn't going any faster. Turns out I was about a 1/4 of a mile off :( At least we figured it out before too much time had gone by and we can fix it!

    ReplyDelete