Sunday, August 12, 2012

Double digit distance

For the first time ever, I ran 10 miles. 

My biggest concerns were my soleus strain and whether my KT Tape would stay on the whole run since I'd been wearing it for 2 days.  The tape was fine, though it was pulling away at the bottom so not anchored as well as it should have been.  I may buy the fancier version of the tape that is supposed to stick better.

I was trying not to think about my leg and that worked for a while.  Until it actually got sore.  I pushed through it though, which I haven't been doing.  Also it was just sore/tight feeling and not sharp/shooting pain like it was a week ago.  I can ignore a dull ache, though when I get done with the half training I'll take a week off and just walk every day.  Planning to backtrack and redo the C25K to get myself back to running a full 3 miles instead of running intervals.  Not sure I'll I'll go to one hour runner or Freeway to 10k after that.

Run was generally good.  Didn't get that runner's high nothing hurts at any point, but no significant back or leg pain, other than the soleus ache.  I was definitely ready to walk when the walk intervals came up in the second half.  But I didn't cut any of my run intervals short to walk, I ran everything I was supposed to run, which hasn't happened in a month or so.  Every time I started to think I needed to walk, I'd hit the button that pops up my time and distance on the iPod and tell myself it was only a couple more minutes until the walk interval. 

Am starting to think my shoes are a half size too big.  It seems hard to get them tight enough and they always feel really loose at the end.  Of course I don't want to go buying new shoes so maybe some new insoles will help. 




No comments:

Post a Comment