Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What a crappy day

One of those days that everything hurts pretty much from the start and doesn't get better as you keep running.  I was really hoping that today would be more like Monday, which wasn't perfect, but was a pretty good 3.25 miles. 

Had trouble breathing at the 4 minute point then started coughing.  Almost called it right then but I was at a walk interval so I decided to walk it off and see.  Ran again and no coughing so thinking this won't be bad.  Leg pain started soon after and wouldn't stop.    Then the back was hurting.  Not sure how much was mental and how much was actual pain.

I'm starting to think the minimalist shoe experiment was a failure.  As my distances get longer, the pain increases.  I suppose it might be that I didn't spend enough time getting my body used to them over the first few weeks.  Regardless, I need to get a new pair of normal shoes to get through the Peachtree before I try minimalist shoes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment