Sunday, June 24, 2012

A day late and not quite as fast as I wanted

Skipped the run yesterday.  Just didn't want to get out of bed when the alarm went off so I stayed in bed.  Managed to get up today though.  Didn't quite make my goal of 4.5 in 50, was actually 4.7 in 56.  I'll take it.  That gets me close to what I want to hit for the Peachtree.  And it's close to the pace I had this time last year so that's better than I expected.

Ran about the first mile and a quarter then held the intervals for about 12 minutes.   At that point the legs were hurting and the back was starting to so I would walk 3 seconds past the back pain stopping and the run until it was bad again.  Did remember my posture better so that helped the back.  Overall pretty happy about it.  Probably could have been better hydrated, but still a good run.

Three more runs and a walk or two before the Peachtree.  This is the first day I haven't been dreading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment