Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Running may have been a mistake

Just today not in general.  Things started out fine.  Woke up and my foot didn't hurt when I put weight on it.  Got dressed, stretched and went out to face the subfreezing temperatures.  Warm up walk went fine.  First couple of miles went fine.  Most of my body was warmed up by then.  My hands were blocks of ice, but that's not a big deal.  The run up to that point was going great.  I told myself I should probably head back when I first felt the discomfort in my foot, but for some reason I talked myself out of it.  I think I was convincing myself that it was just my brain trying to get out of running.  So I turned to do the next leg of my run.  Still was just a little soreness during that whole time.  Never the pain I experienced last week when it started.  At least not until I finished my 3.27 miles and started my cool down.  Then it hurt every time I put weight on it.  Maybe it has something to do with the running versus the walking motion and the amount of time my weight is actually on my foot when I walk compared to when I run.  All I know is I popped Advil and got out the ice pack as soon as I got home.  Hopefully that, wrapping the foot and ankle, and resting for 72 hours will put me in shape to run on Saturday.  Then I'll just take time off and do other exercise for a while.

1 comment: