Monday, December 20, 2010

First run in 9 days.

After the 5k on the 11th, I decided to take time off to let my foot recover.  Since I hadn't had any pain pretty much since the 5k, I decided to start back up today with a test run.  About 5 minutes in I noticed some twinges in my left foot.  Nothing serious but made me pay attention.  I noticed pain in my right foot somewhere around the 3/4 - 1 mile mark.  That was more serious.  I decided discretion was the better part of valor and headed home.  Didn't even make myself run all the way back to my start point. 

Somewhat disappointing for the first day back, especially since the new pain makes me worry I may be out for even longer.  I'll head out again tomorrow or Wednesday to try again.  May just need to walk for a week to get everything loosened up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment