Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A new PR?

If you can call it that.  My slowest 5k on record, hooray...  Only by a few minutes and had 1k of walking so I was probably doing pretty well overall.  I think the hill at the beginning of my run killed me.  And that was more mental than anything.  Long and short of it, the run makes me think I can hold on to my E Corral number for the Peachtree and at least get close to the time standard for the group.  I'm only off by 5 or 6 minutes and that's without the adrenaline of an actual race.  Plus the first 3 miles are downhill, so I might be able to roller coaster up Cardiac Hill and finish on the run.  More likely I'll just walk that half mile to a mile and try to run the rest.  Problem with that is that I've discovered once I start walking, I tend to want to walk again soon thereafter.  I really hope I can just push through the hill and run the whole thing, but I don't foresee that being an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment